CageFS is part of CloudLinux and adds an extra security layer in your Linux server. By doing so, users can not view processes of other users and most privilege escalations can be prevented.
Why enable CageFS?
Enabling CageFS makes your server more secure and encapsulates each user on the server. Furthermore, every user has it’s own file system and a limited set of executables available.
- Make sure that you are logged in as admin user in DirectAdmin.
- Click on “CloudLinux CageFS User Manager” in “Extra Features”.
- If CageFS is disabled for new users, you can enable this by clicking on “Toggle”.
- To enable CageFS for existing users, select all the users on the right side and click on <<.
- Depending on the amount of users, it may take some time until DirectAdmin has finished enabling CageFS.